I lived in Kentlands (Gaithersburg/North Potomac area - 20878) from July 2011 to August 2017. I loved living in Kentlands/Lakelands area because of all the amenities available to the residents and all the activities organized by and for the community. However, prices in Kentlands and around Kentlands are very expensive. A single-family home in Kentlands (not a small cottage) would be priced at above $750,000. I decided to move to Poolesville because for the following reasons:
- The city of Poolesville offers amazing schools. All of them ranked very well!
- It is only 20 minutes away from the Kentlands/Lakelands area. So, I can still take my kids to the same after-school activities and I can still use the convenience stores that I am familiar with.
- Prices for a nice single-family home in Poolesville start at $600,000. Plus, you have the option to buy a house with a big backyard. Homes with around half an acre lot are not uncommon.
- Poolesville High school offers many Magnet programs that my kids can have access to.
- Poolesville is very quiet and residential. It offers a country-living.
- Poolesville has many farms that sell organic produce.
- As a Real Estate Agent, I believe that Poolesville will continue increasing in value.
- Poolesville has its own Chamber of Commerce
If you are considering moving to Poolesville, please give me a call at 301-366-9890. I am a one-stop shop! I will not only be able to show you homes in the city of Poolesville but I can show you homes in your price range all around the area including (but not limited) to New Construction, foreclosures, short sales, auctions, etc. I could show you homes in Montgomery County, Frederick County, Howard and Prince Georges County.